La cruauté humaine n'a aucune limite

Publié le par le ced

Je ne parle pas l'anglais donc niveau traduction seul les bilingues pourront le faire. Mais les photos nous en disent assez sur la souffrance de ce petit chien dont les bourreaux mériteraient la peine maximal.

Meet Smokey, the chihuahua puppy who had a barbecue fork stuck in his brain... and survived

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 12:34 AM on 15th July 2009

Enlarge   Chihuahua pup Smokey survived after a barbecue fork flew through the air at a garden party and became impaled in his head

Chihuahua pup Smokey survived after a barbecue fork flew through the air at a garden party and became impaled in his head

This is Smokey - the incredible chihuahua puppy who survived after a massive barbecue fork became lodged in his brain during a garden party.

These remarkable x-rays show the 3in-long prongs embedded in the dog's head after a bizarre mishap which saw a fork snap in half and fly through the air and directly into the 12-week-old pup.

Yelping in agony it then ran off into nearby woods and hid for two days before worried owner Hughie Wagers found him in the undergrowth and took him to the vets.

Nurse Michelle Duncum, who was was on duty at the Cumberland Valley Animal Hospital, in , Kentucky, when Smokey's distraught owner arrived, said they were shocked by what they saw.

She said: 'At first we thought it must just be a little fork you use to eat or something and didn't have any idea what we were in for.

'Then Hughie told us to wait there and he went and got Smokey, when he brought him in we couldn't believe our eyes.'

Vet Keaton Smith, 40, immediately rushed the pup into the operating theatre and set to work.

He said: 'When we got the x-ray up it was clear that this fork was not in the skull cavity, or behind the eye, it was in the brain.

 

This X-ray reveals how lucky the pup was after the fork missed his eye socket

An X-ray showed that the fork was not in the skull cavity, or behind the eye, but in fact in the brain

'Smokey had been out in the woods for two days with this in his head and we really didn't know what would happen when we pulled it out, it was 50/50 if he would make it.

'The operation didn't really take any time at all, I just shaved his head and then pulled it out, it was all over in 30 seconds.' 

Smokey has since made a virtual full recovery although Dr Keaton said he still has some slowness in movement in his right eye.

He said: 'His nerve endings around the eye still seem to be a little slow but I think that will heal over time, he really is a little miracle.'

Veterinary receptionist Wilma Radford holds Smokey prior to his life-saving operation

Veterinary receptionist Wilma Radford holds Smokey prior to his life-saving operation

Smokey after the operation

Lucky escape: Smoke


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1199610/Meet-Smokey-chihuahua-puppy-barbecue-fork-stuck-brain--survived.html#ixzz0Lsv0iuJJ

Publié dans Actualités animaux

Commenter cet article

Laurent 11/12/2012 15:42

D'après l'article, il s'agit d'un accident. La fourchette du grill s'est cassée, et s'est figée dans le crâne du chien après avoir volé au travers du jardin.
Donc pas de maltraitance volontaire, mais un accident. Ne soyons pas trop hâtifs à juger...

Karine 21/07/2009 15:28

Mais quelle horreur....!!!!!!
Pas de mots assez fort pour exprimer ma haine face à de tels comportements!!!!!!
La peine de mort c'est pas suffisant je serais partisante de la torture qui entrainerait la mort de ces enfoirés dans D'ATROCES SOUFFRANCES!!!!!!!!